Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Reversal of Fortune

I thought I would take a few moments to talk about why Time Reversal is an awesome card.


Apparently people are all pissed off about it being reprinted in the M12 Core Set.

Lets get the obvious out of the way.

If you had $200, you can play Timetwister which is slightly better.

If you had $20, you can play Time Spiral, which is slightly better but not quite as good as Timetwister.

If you have Time Reversal in your collection, you better play Time Reversal…because it is very close to Timetwister and Time Spiral with a pretty redonkulous ability.

Of course you need to know when to play it.

Here are my observations for Time Reversal:

1) Destroys all graveyards. Whatever problem graveyard you are dealing with, Time Reversal tucks it all back in. Then it tucks in all the graveyard crap that is just getting started in your other opponent's graveyards.

2) Destroys the meticulous hand-sculpting seen in control-type decks during a long game of Commander. Brings the entire table back to an even footing in the cards department.

3) Of course its not even footing, because as we've seen in High-Tide style decks after the Reversal hits the ground you still get to take the rest of your turn!



I just thought of the perfect pairing to Time Reversal. Noble Benefactor. What better thing to tutor for than the card that's going to shuffle everyone else's tutored cards back into their library. Deliciousness indeed.

Okay, so I don't know how much of an argument I was able to make. I pulled my first and only Time Reversal in M11. What would I do with a 2nd one that I found in M12? I have no idea, but I guarantee you I would find a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment