Friday, March 30, 2012

Going on Vacation!

Okay, here we go!



I'm going to lay it out for you, readership. I'm going on vacation next week and I'm probably not going to be updating the site too much. But I AM going to be brainstorming, and planning and just generally scheming so that when I do come back, I'll have something to show for it.

Monday, April 9th will be my next major post.

Starting on that glorious day, I will try to fulfill TWO requirements for The Minotaur Illusionist.




The Minotaur Illusionist Manifesto

First Statement: 2 well-written pieces of review, analysis or other hijinks per week. I'm thinking Monday and Thursday are where they are naturally going to show up. But if the iron is hot, I will strike early (and probably strike often) so the quantity and timing might be a little off some weeks.

What does "well-written" mean? Well it means you are getting at least the 2nd draft of an idea, hopefully correctly structured with a beginning and end. And some sort of reasoning in the middle.

After coming back to the blog this last time, you'll notice my Magic: The Gathering posts have been few and far between. That's because Magic is only a part or fraction of my interests.

Posting about Magic, day after day, is a quick way to get burned out. At least for me! From now on The Minotaur Illusionist is going to be like Bruce Lee. My blog-fu will flow like water, and be "the way" of "no way."

Whatever my interests at the time, that is what you are going to get.

My interests are:
1) Board Games
2) Miniature Games
3) Card Games (including Magic: The Gathering)
4) Star Trek (TOS, TNG, TOSM, TNGM, DS9, VYG, ENT, TAS, NROM, whatever else gets cooked up)
5) Books/Movies



Second Statement: The rest of the time, when I'm not writing well-written material, I'm going to be plastering this blog with non-well-written material. Not POOR, mind you. Just not gone over a couple times or anything. Stuff like the Leonard Nimoy/Bruno Mars video or  Atmosfear: The Harbingers. Any kind of sudden epiphany my fingers want to barf onto the screen.

Sometimes main interests will receive the second class treatment. If I go to the store and buy some Magic cards, you are probably going to get something like this.

Additional interests I will reveal using non-well-written material
1) Game News (current industry or consumer happenings I feel compelled to talk about)
2) Interesting Links
3) Funny Pictures
4) Videos I particularly enjoy
5) Crap/observations about my workday
6) The structure of this blog
7) Parenting observations (this includes the Checkers post)
8) Music (like MC Frontalot)
9) Going on vacation
10) Numerical lists of my current interests

Bam. That's the Minotaur Manifesto. As complete as it is empty. The sound of one hand clapping.

Everybody have a great coming week. We will see what comes 2 Mondays from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment