Friday, June 10, 2011

At the Bottom of the Well

So Wizards decided not to reprint Hinder in Commander. Instead they printed the super-Hinder, Spell Crumple.


I like this counterspell. It's classy, to be sure. Not only do you get a hard counter, but you also get to see which player in your group is best at getting cards out from the bottom of their library. Hint: It's you!

I love the Beacons. I love the Zeniths. Really, Spell Crumple is almost in the same category, requiring only a couple of deck shuffles before showing up in your hand again, hopefully when you need it most.

While my blue/red deck might be light on recursion from the graveyard, it does have a few ways to draw cards. I or anyone else would have a hard time believing otherwise when the color blue is in use.

The one card I would worry about is Tunnel Vision. Nothing unfun or unfair here. If you are going to be playing with tuck spells, you better have some plans to deal with the consequences.

And now, more than ever, we must all also prepare for piloting our decks with the Commander on extended vacation. Because it's happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment